How Do I Handle This?
I'm in love with a 32 year old man and we have been together for six months. The problem is I never told her about my teenager life. While I was 14 I was raped by my uncle and became pregnant. As a result, I have a 7 year old daughter who has been adopted by my parents. It realy pains me because I'm unable to tell my boyfriend about all of this because he already mentioned that he will never marry a woman with a child. I do love my daughter now and I think i would like to stay with her sometimes. He is ready to marry me but it will be embarassing if he found out during the wedding that I have a baby. We have been having sex but he never said anything about my body because I am not a virgin.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.