phobia regarding uncertainty
I am 28 yr old female., smart confident but I am suffering too much due to my anxiety. I thought earlier that I am optimistic and positive person, but I do not know what's wrong with me . Everything going fine in my life nowadays. I am getting what a lucky person can get , but due to my painful past always bad thoughts come to my mind . In my early twenties I got a very cruel shock 1st time in my life and my life was shattered but by God grace I could overcome that period and proved myself a strong woman . I also suffered a lot due to lots of unexpected reality bites last few years. Nowadays everything seems good in my life I am getting married within a month and my fiance is very nice man but I am afraid always by negative thinking. Negative thoughts just haunted me some time. , very much scare about all the uncertainty of our life . How can I help myself? please suggest.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Dombeck responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Dombeck intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Dombeck to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Dombeck, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Dombeck and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.