OCD and Trauma?
Hello Dr. Swartz,
I hope you might be able to point me in the right direction. I have, I believe, OCD, as I have some issues. For example, I have to flex my wrists and ankles if I see anyone bend their's, or I have to bend my own. I am having horrible aversion to sex, sexual touching, kissing, etc. I had this under control for some time but now I can't seem to conquer it. I don't know what to do. I'm married and I have children. How do I find a local doctor who is qualified and experienced to help me? This is ruining my life. I suspect I endured some type of sexual violence as a child but don't remember much from childhood at all. I have very limited memories. What can I do??
Thank you for your time, C
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.