unwanted thoughts!Wed, Nov 28th 2007
About a year ago I started experiencing anxiety attacks. These were do to several built emotions I had bottled up. (Concerning my mother\'s recent death) As a result of the anxiety I became sick. And for about 6 months I thought I was dying and it was constantly on my mind. With every little cold I thought I was going to die. But over the past 6 or 7 months these thoughts have changed. So this is going to sound strange. But I have always been attracted to men. But then I had a bi sexual friend who was a girl. And then I began to worry that by hanging out with her I was suddenly bi. Which would be fine if it were true. However, now I have had a boyfriend who I have been dating for 6 months and whom I love. Yet these thoughts always infiltrate my mind and I just want them to stop so I can be happy. What can I do to stop all of these intrusive thoughts?!
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.