Am I Bisexual?
Some quick background. I am a 24 year-old man, and have had sex with 4 women, been romantically involved with about 12 and have enjoyed all of my sexual experiences with these women, especially my current girlfriend. Also, I have been through about three bouts of depression, one very serious when I was 18. I had obsessive thoughts at that time that I was gay, although I didn't really have any desire to be with another guy. They subsided for some time but are back again, and I am depressed and on medication (Effexor). This is very scary. I love my girlfriend and love having sex with her. Is this some sort of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder? And it doesn't make sense that I would be bisexual because I really don't have a desire to be with another guy. Please help.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.