(HealthDay News) -- Traveling with someone with a disability may seem daunting, but things are likely to go a lot smoother with some preparation.
AARP offers this advice:
- Contact the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) at least 72 hours before departure to explain your loved one's needs. The number is:
- When you leave, bring all necessary medical letters and documentation.
- Consider applying for a TSA PreCheck a few weeks before your trip.
- Call the airline's customer service to arrange for early boarding, wheelchair assistance or other needs.
- Purchase seats with easy access to the aisle and the bathroom.
- Pack a carry-on bag with all medication.
- Arrive at the airport early.
This article: Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.